Thinking of joining us? Kewl!
We'd love to have you, but please read the following, to get an idea what we're about.
SlideMeister is a news/discussion group that should probably not be joined on a whim or casually. Some folks have "joined" something because its free or whatever, and quickly forgot about ever having done so. Have you ever done that? Sure you have. We all have! You can do that here as well, except here we help you forget about it by deleting your account if you don't at least poke your head in the door once in a while. ;o)
Your application can also be deleted in seven days if you aren't interested enough to activate your account. Writing me back and calling me filthy names after I delete your account, (cuz you never bothered to activate it after being accepted) only tells me that you were a maggot infested, low-life that I woundda had to kick out anyway. Works out pretty well actually; I call it "pre-emptive filtering." :o)
Yes, I do have a couple simple "requirements" that decent folks don't mind, cuz they know what I'm trying to do. They're really no big deal, and I'm proud to say that those little "speed bumps" keep out about a couple dozen SPAMMERS every per week. The folks who get bent outta shape by the "speed bumps," I put in the same category as SPAMMERS; they would just end up aggravating the group, and, "Mother Hen" that I am, I just wanna protect the folks in my forum from anything that is unpleasant.
All we want here are folks who really care about the Chromatic harmonica. That's why I've already deleted thousands of "joiners" (really) who never even signed in for a week after joining us.
When you apply to be a SlideMeister member, I run a couple spammer checks, approve your membership and require you to "activate" your account within seven days. I'll also send you an email with a couple basic instructions. We're just being efficient here and saving the trouble of deleting you for lack of interest later.
Your acceptance letter will look something like this:
Guest Vs. Member
A Guest (one who never joins the forum) can move around and have access to some (actually just three) of the permissions/features of SlideMeister, but a member can have much more. (25 more to start)
Requirements: Guests - None
Requirements for Members:
1. While you are not required to list any personal information in your profile, we would appreciate knowing your general location. (not your physical address)
2. As a new member you have seven days to activate your account and up to thirty days to post an introduction to the group, or at the least a one sentence "hello, I'm so and so from wherever, . . . yada yada" after which there are absolutely no posting requirements. **Failure to activate and/or post an introduction, as described above, will result in your account being deleted.**
3. After your initial "Hello" post mentioned above, you are not required to post (ever) however, in order to remain a member of SlideMeister, you will be required to sign-in with your name and password every six months /180 days.
As soon as the above initial posting requirement is met, (even if you do it in your first hour) your probationary "Fly on the wall / Applicant" status will be dropped, you'll be credited fifteen posts and upgraded "Baby Button Pusher / Regular Member" status where you'll be able to take advantage of many of the advanced features of the forum. (which are pretty cool by the way ;o)
4. Your Username MUST be a name or word that sounds like a name or word. Stuff like "klsjdckfs13" is a no-no.
5. Failure to "activate" your account with your username and password within seven days (after account approval) will make your account subject to deletion.
Questions? Just reply to this email.
All the best!
A.J.Fedor - SlideMeister owner